This website is owned and operated by Filipino Academy. Your access to the website is conditional upon your acceptance and compliance with the terms, conditions, notices, policies and disclaimers contained in this document and elsewhere on the website (referred to collectively as Terms and Conditions). Your use of, and/or access to, the website constitutes your agreement to the Terms and Conditions. Filipino Academy reserves the right to amend the Terms and Conditions at any time. Since you are bound by these Terms and Conditions, you should periodically refer to them in this document and elsewhere on the website. Please exit the Site immediately if you do not accept or agree to the Terms and Conditions.
Intellectual Property and Restrictions on Use of Content
No part of the Site may be reproduced, modified, distributed, sold, published, broadcast, retransmitted in any form without the prior written consent of Filipino Academy. All information, text, material, graphics, site formate, site description, software and advertisements on the website are © Filipino Academy, its suppliers and/or licensors unless expressly indicated otherwise on the website. The Content is protected by national and international copyright and trademark laws.
Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability
Filipino Academy makes every effort to ensure that the information provided on its website is accurate. However, Filipino Academy cannot guarantee this, and accepts no liability for any information or advice given via its website. Filipino Academy or its affiliates will not be liable for any indirect, incidental, special and/or consequential damages or loss of profits whatsoever.
Filipino Academy reserves the right to modify the information contained in this site at any time without notice when it deems appropriate.
Filipino Academy provides hypertext links to external third party sites, but takes no responsibility for the material on these sites.
The Filipino Academy (FA) is committed as a matter of principle to providing equality of opportunity to all members of the community.
Filipino Academy shall not discriminate against any person because of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, orientation or disability.
Enrollment Terms and Conditions/Student Agreement
We strive to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of personal information submitted to our sites, and we review and update our security measures in light of Upon enrolling into a course you are accepting the following terms:
1. A legally binding agreement shall arise between you and Filipino Academy.
2. Upon submitting an enrollment application and payment of the full course fee or initial installment, you consent and agree to be bound by the terms and conditions herein. By accepting these terms you agree to pay the Course Fee for the course you have selected under this Student Agreement. Upon receipt of the Course Fee, Filipino Academy agrees to: a. supply to you all the necessary materials for your nominated course(s), b. grade your assignments; c. answer queries about your Course, d. assist you with administrative queries. e. provide you with certification upon successful completion of a program.
3. If you are paying by installments, you agree that you must irrespective of changes in personal circumstances:
a) pay all such installments on or before the specified and agreed due date(s); and
b) ensure that you maintain sufficient funds in your bank, debit or credit card account to meet the installment payments.
Irrespective of your progress through the Course, if you fail to pay any installment by the due date, the total outstanding balance of the Course Fee will become immediately due and owing, and you agree to make payment of such balance including any further administrative charges or expenses incurred pursuant to the terms of this agreement, within 14 days from the date of demand by us.
We reserve the right to levy, deduct or recover, and you agree to pay any and all administrative charges and expenses incurred, or to be incurred, as a result of any breach of the terms and conditions, including, but not limited to, failure to keep us informed at all times of your correct and current contact details, failure to ensure that sufficient funds are available to meet installment payments, and any failure by you to make payment, or to make payment on time with respect to installment payment plans. You agree that your details may be given to credit reporting and/or collections agencies in the event of a breach of this agreement. You further agree that you are liable for, and will pay, any reasonable costs, including third-party costs incurred on account of any recovery action taken as a result of your failure to make payment as required.
4. Certification and transcripts will not be released until course fees have been paid in full.
5. By submitting your enrollment application for an installment plan, you authorize us to conduct credit checks with relevant reporting agencies at our discretion.
6. The course materials which Filipino Academy provides to you shall become your property. However, the content of the Course Materials, including copyright and all other such intellectual property rights contained therein, remain the property of the Filipino Academy or a nominated third party. You may not reproduce any part of the Course Materials without the prior written consent of the Filipino Academy.
7. Course materials are in some instances supplied on a step-by-step basis, by way of modules or individual lessons as students progress. We reserve the right to withhold further supply of course materials in the event you fail to make payment as agreed.
8. Refunds: a student is considered to have commenced a course by submitting an enrollment booking. The student will not be eligible for a refund or cancellation of a course due to the digital nature of our programs. Filipino Academy cannot accept responsibility for changes in your personal circumstances. Please choose your course carefully as refunds will not be given once an enrollment has been processed. It is therefore important that students choose their course carefully and make all necessary inquiries before enrolling and not after.